Let’s find some very good reasons why this Star Wars film doesn’t suck!
- The locations in ‘Rogue One’ are superb, Iceland was used for the opening scene and then later on we get Stormtroopers on a tropical beach
- Peter Cushing is in it, sort of. Computer generated as Grand Moff Tarkin. Does it work? Yes
- The soundtrack is immense. Your ears will be put to the test with the amount of sound effects and wonderful score
- No scrolling credits saying ‘A long time ago in a galaxy far far away….’ Everyone loves the opening titles of course, but by not including them it gets the audience talking about them not being used!
- Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan from ‘A New Hope’ make a brief cameo. The pair from the infamous Cantina brawl
- The title of the film ‘Rogue One’ is in itself pretty cool…short, sweet and slightly mysterious
- The new droid K-2SO manages not to be too annoying and looks like he might have belonged in the original films
- Princess Leia is in it!
- There is a wonderful background character called Moroff, who looks part Yeti, part Hoth Wampa. He doesn’t get enough screen time but he is a brilliant looking beast. He is the one in the picture on this post
- The ending. You will have goosebumps. It has Vader in it